Cooking is one of life’s greatest pleasures. It helped millions of people cope with the pandemic. People cooped up at home found an outlet by watching cooking videos on YouTube and TikTok. Countless others even made their own videos or posted their own recipes on social media.
Electric stoves have made it easier for people to embrace their new love for cooking. Its merged heating device for cooking and baking is superior to what gas stoves can give. Electric ranges or induction stoves are also more affordable. It also costs less to install. Its heat levels are also easier to control. This is a boon to those who are still learning to cook.
One of the best things about electric stoves is how simple it is to clean. Many people might love to cook, but a larger number hate the cleaning up process. You’ll change your tune with an electric range though. Here are different ideas on how to clean an electric stove top with minimal fuss.
Cleaning Stoves with Burners
Some electric gas stove models have burners. These are the rings or coils you find on top. They’re made of steel tubing designed in a spiral shape. The tubing carries the heating element and is also powered by electricity.
House cleaning specialists only need a handful of materials to clean this stove. They often have a dishwashing liquid and baking soda on hand. Warm water is also needed. Don’t forget the cleaning cloth. This is what you do next:
- Make sure all the burners are not warm. It’s never a good idea to clean a stove right after you cook. Any grease or oil will be hard to remove. You could also get burnt. Remove the burners once they’re cool. You can do this by twisting them off. Check the user manual if you’re uncertain.
- Put several drops of liquid soap on the damp cleaning cloth. Wipe the dirt from the burner coils.
- Use the damp cloth to wipe away the grime and food spills from the stovetop. Take extra care not to get the electric connectors wet.
- Some food bits might be harder to remove. A cleaning paste is your best option. You can make this by mixing a teaspoon of baking soda with some water. Rub the mix on the oily area or the stuck food bits. Leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Wipe off the baking soda solution after several minutes. The grime will be easier to remove.
- Return the burners to the stove. Check that they’re dry before placing them back. Your stove is now ready for use.
Keeping Your Glass Stove Sparkling
Many households are embracing glass topped electric stoves now. The flat surface is a big reason for its popularity. It gives any kitchen a sleek and professional look. You can even use it for food prep. The glass is not your run-of-the-mill material either. It’s durable and won’t break. But the best thing about it is how easy it is to clean.
- The first thing you should do is wipe the surface down. This will get rid of any leftover food and detritus. It also removes any dust or small particles from the stove’s surface.
- Get rid of anything stuck on the surface. A wet cloth or paper towel will do the trick. A cleaning cream of dishwashing liquid can also loosen any sticky food bits.
- Scrape off burnt food. No one escapes this bane. But you can scrape off charred bits with a good scraper. Look for one that’s designed for glass stove tops. It’s best if the scraper is at a low angle when you’re using it. It should be almost parallel to the stove’s surface. Never use a scraper with a sharp edge. It will leave scratches.
- Apply your cleaning solution. Spray it a few times on the surface. Spread it over the top. Leave it for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wipe it off as soon as the minutes are up. You don’t want to leave it too long. The mix could eat into the glass stovetop. It could damage it beyond repair.
You might be wondering what ceramic cleaners to use. There are many good ones out in the market today. Most of these cleaners come in a complete set. Each kit will have a glass cleaning solution and a sponge. It also includes a scraping tool too.
Cleaning with Natural Ingredients
You can also make your own cleaning solution. Many people prefer to use natural ingredients. It’s effective and won’t hurt the environment. It’s also cheaper than store-bought products.
- Follow the initial steps to cleaning. Wipe down the surface and get rid of sticky residue.
- Spray white vinegar on the stovetop. Dust some baking soda on it.
- Place a wet towel over the vinegar and baking soda surface. Leave it for around 15 minutes. The towel will soon absorb the vinegar and soda mix. Wipe it off once the time is up.
- Scrape away any remaining grease or dirt.
- Spray another coat of vinegar on the surface. Wipe it off with a clean microfiber cloth. Use it to polish the surface until it’s shining.
Cleaning with No Hassle
Don’t like cleaning the kitchen? You’re not alone in that. The good news is Helping Hands Cleaning Services will take care of it for you. We’re one of the best cleaning companies in the industry. We have been keeping residential and commercial spaces clean for years. We have a well-trained and reliable team waiting for your go-signal. We do office cleaning and commercial cleaning. We also offer Covid 19 corona virus sanitizing. You can reach us at (630) 530-1324 or at info@Hhcleans.com.